The winter blues can find anyone at times, no matter how well we think we’re avoiding it . It can come in many forms from that feeling of just being down to simply wanting to hibernate until it’s Spring. This is something we can feel isolated by but you might be surprised to hear that some of those closest to you feel the same way. Here are some of our tips to change that “gloomy mood”
- Wear fun, bright colors – Throw on a fun, funky, and/or bright piece in your wardrobe to help brighten up your day from the start! Wearing brighter colors can change one’s mood in the blink of an eye.
- Take time for yourself – Many of us have kids (fur-covered or otherwise), work, a partner, friends, obligations, and a myriad of other things happening all at once, which often does not leave us with more than a few seconds to ourselves. It can sometimes reach a point where it feels that if we aren’t up and running, the house may literally fall apart. However, it’s important to take that ‘me’ time to yourself daily at least once a day just to keep you at your finest whether it’s to watch a favorite show or take a bath with a glass of wine.
- Try new things – This can be anything at all for you and the family, you and a friend, or just you and yourself. Going to that new restaurant you’ve wanted to try or heading out to see that new comedy with your girls can surely help lift your spirits. Break the routine and find that hint of vibrancy only the element of surprise can add!
- Plan a trip – It doesn’t have to be to Cancun or Paris but a trip to the nearest beach for the day or a weekend in the mountains where you and/or your loved ones can go to get away from the stressors of daily life might be just the ticket. This can create both something to look forward to and an opportunity for you to get out of your everyday environment.
- Exercise- Whether you are a Yoga fan or marathon lover, at least 10 minutes of any exercise can help change those negative thought patterns instantly.
Always remember that you are not alone, and that there are so many people out there rooting for you. As a small company that is built on helping women embrace the beautiful individuals they are, we believe that self-love comes from both within yourself and the support you feel from the community around you. We want you to know that, whatever the season, we are with you 100% of the way ! #Fashom #BetterAsIam